Menu
Reply
  • 29
  • 0
  • 4
baldrick1970
On our wavelength
588 Views
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky Or stay with Virgin?

Ok, so a year after I said I was leaving VM, by the way I only stayed because I thought I got a good deal to stay, I am thinking of going again!!

The thing is for Sky,with the Martin Lewis deal, with the full tv channels,movies, line rental and unlimited broadband is just under £48 a month, for the same from Virgin £78 a month, £360 saving over 12 months. I like the mega fast broadband but I also like £360! And also Sky have the new Crafting Channels that My Wife likes to watch.

So come on Virgin, pass this on to the bearded one to see if He can match it.

And stop giving My money to the other one so He can spend it with some dead Gangsters widow.

You have My details.........I await the call.

Chris

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.13K
  • 1K
  • 1.87K
Superuser
Superuser
572 Views
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?

You always get the best deals by switching. It doesn't last long. After that inital contract runs out those prices go a creeping up again whoever your are with.

And I should forget about the bearded one, who only owns 2% of Virgin Media now. The person at the helm is John Malone, chairman of Liberty Global, who own cable companies all over Europe.

SU1617jpeg.jpg


Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile


 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 977
  • 68
  • 168
arrgee1991
Well-informed
530 Views
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?


baldrick1970 wrote:

 

You have My details.........I await the call.

 


You could be waiting a long time.  They'll just keep taking your money.  Call 150 and go through to retentions.  See what they say.

No matter how tempting Sky are, I just won't have a satellite dish.  However Talk Talk seem to have much of what I want, so when I get the price rise letter, I may call Virgin.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 29
  • 0
  • 4
baldrick1970
On our wavelength
496 Views
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?

Just come home to a nice email from VM.....

 

From 1st November My bill will be going up by £3.49....with Vodafone now offering home broadband and phone without the line rental, looks like a change is going to happen.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 977
  • 68
  • 168
arrgee1991
Well-informed
474 Views
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?


baldrick1970 wrote:

Just come home to a nice email from VM.....

 From 1st November My bill will be going up by £3.49....with Vodafone now offering home broadband and phone without the line rental, looks like a change is going to happen.


I got the same email and this evening got an unprompted call from Virgin a few minutes ago with an offer that I could refuse.  According to the email I have until 30th September to cancel which will suit me as I want to hang onto Virgin to watch the GAA hurling final and the football internationals.  The vodafone offer is quite interesting, just wondering if I can live with Freeview, a couple of Fire sticks and 3 Now TV boxes for the three TVs.  All I would miss out on is BT Sport.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 20.24K
  • 733
  • 1.51K
Forum Team
Forum Team
466 Views
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?

Hi Everyone,

 

Thanks for your posts and we appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices. 

 

Every year we launch better services, faster speeds and unbeatable offers for all our customers.

 

If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

 

Let us know how things go. 

 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out



0 Kudos
Reply
  • 29
  • 0
  • 4
baldrick1970
On our wavelength
454 Views
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?


Kath_F wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

Thanks for your posts and we appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices. 

 

Every year we launch better services, faster speeds and unbeatable offers for all our customers.

 

If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

 

Let us know how things go. 

 

Thanks,


Same old, same old rubbish. copy and paste,copy and paste. you can reply to the price hike remark, but not the one where I can now save £34 a month!

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 977
  • 68
  • 168
arrgee1991
Well-informed
442 Views
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?


Kath_F wrote:

Thanks for your posts and we appreciate that no one likes to hear about a price rise. To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can, we sometimes need to review our prices. 

Every year we launch better services, faster speeds and unbeatable offers for all our customers.

If you're unhappy then it is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing your overall package with us so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our team via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111. Our teams will be more than happy to take a look at this with you.

 


I understand that, but I think for those like me who only need the basics (M TV, 50MB BB, XXL Phone and an extra box for the spare room which is barely used) and don't really require the better and faster options, then an extra £3.49 is a bit of a hike for nothing.  I am currently on a package with XL TV + Sports + Movies, but only because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse last December when all I did was call to add Sports for a month!  However that ends in mid-September.

I agree though it is a perfect opportunity to review and I will get in touch just as soon as the GAA hurling final is done and dusted.  Pleased to see it is scheduled for the new Sky Sports Mix on HD which should help in following the sliotar. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 12
  • 0
  • 1
morph27
Tuning in
419 Views
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?

I will add my voice to this this is my 3rd increase this year and frankly its getting to much. All we hear is faster broadband, well mine is fast enough already thank you. I find it absolutely incredible that in such a competitive market we are given yet another increase. You talk about improved TV well rightly so it needs a lot of improving, ive had Amazon Prime for a while now and there are better programs on there!  Virgin is so out of touch with its customers its unbelievable. I have been a Virgin customer since the NTL days and we always here about improvements but does it ever really get that much better. Certainly I haven't seen enough improvements this year to warrant nearly £7 / per month increase over where it was at the start of the year. 

  • 977
  • 68
  • 168
arrgee1991
Well-informed
369 Views
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Or stay with Virgin?


morph27 wrote:

I will add my voice to this this is my 3rd increase this year and frankly its getting to much. All we hear is faster broadband, well mine is fast enough already thank you. I find it absolutely incredible that in such a competitive market we are given yet another increase. You talk about improved TV well rightly so it needs a lot of improving, ive had Amazon Prime for a while now and there are better programs on there!  Virgin is so out of touch with its customers its unbelievable. I have been a Virgin customer since the NTL days and we always here about improvements but does it ever really get that much better. Certainly I haven't seen enough improvements this year to warrant nearly £7 / per month increase over where it was at the start of the year. 


I agree.  

50 Mbps is fine for me.  I'm not downloading constantly and as long as I can stream without buffering that's good enough.

The market is competitive, especially in the television program space.  Live sport aside, nothing attracts the same premium it once did in the days of 5 channel analog TV.  Prime costs less than £7/month (films/tv/music) and you get delivery bolted on.  Now TV is notionally £10/month for movies (though in reality only half that with all the offers) and £7/month for entertainment (though again in reality that can be had for £2/month).  And you can have numerous boxes for both all around the house for four TVs or more without paying extra.

Virgin should be dropping their prices to fend off the competition, but these increases will just send subscribers elsewhere.