Menu
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Movies SD have become active

Hi,

We noticed yesterday that Sky Movies SD channels (not HD) have become active on our XL package, both on the Tivo box and the V HD box. But we don't even subscribe to Sky Movies. So we can't work out why they have become available to us. Any ideas as to why the movie SD channels have become available? Thanks.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Movies SD have become active

Also noticed this yesterday. Channels 401-412. Checked my account and nothing has been added though this month's bill, perhaps coincidentally applied yesterday, is up by about £4. I think the increase was planned and is just part of Virgin's relentless screwing of its customers rather than an additional charge for something I did not order. Perhaps it is to calm our wrath at the latest price increase and the additional channels will probably disappear again in a couple of weeks. If it were a permanent change to the XL line-up I have little doubt that virgin would be loudly promoting their benevolence!

0 Kudos
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's ok, all is sorted. We're on an older package which Virgin are phasing out, so they've upgraded us to the Big Kahuna Movies package, at no extra cost.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that's very good, & something for the cynics to read.
0 Kudos
HectorG12
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know. I am also on an old package so probably the explanation. Price increase was actually in February but my bill date is on 11th and had not checked it last month. No mention of 'Big Kahuna' on the March bill or account details but perhaps next month. The addition of Sky Movies SD does make the cost more acceptable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dduk100

Thanks for dropping by with your package query with us regarding the Sky Movies in SD.

If you have already contacted us to resolve this, then that's fabulous Smiley Happy I'm glad we were able to resolve this for you and get a better package into the bargain! Win-win!

Occasionally too, the channels are free to air for a short window (sometimes a weekend) as a way of promoting the channels and allowing non subscription customers a taster of the films or sports. This doesn't mean you are paying for them either.

With regards to any package query we would ask you to either get in touch if you can via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can contact us via Webchat where they too can clear security with you to discuss packages in detail.

For anyone else looking into this, if you too could get in touch with our teams, and let us know how you get on with this, that would be brilliant Smiley Happy

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We had an email last Friday to confirm that our package had been upgraded at no extra cost.

0 Kudos