Menu
tassiekev
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Movies On Demand - Tivo and VHD

I'm looking at returning to VM (VIP Package) and understand that I can get Sky Movies OD on the Tivo in HD (but not the VHD) - can I get them in SD on the VHD?, if so - are subtitles available in SD? Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Movies On Demand - Tivo & VHD

You can get Sky Movies on Demand in SD on the V HD.

Currently there are no subtitles available on Sky Movies on Demand in either HD or SD. Subtitles are only available on the broadcast Sky Movie channels.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
tassiekev
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anybody??? - This is a deal breaker as the 2nd box is for my 96yo mother who can't hear (can't see very well either), and a box without subtitles on movies would be as useful as a chocolate teapot.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can get Sky Movies on Demand in SD on the V HD.

Currently there are no subtitles available on Sky Movies on Demand in either HD or SD. Subtitles are only available on the broadcast Sky Movie channels.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
tassiekev
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, looks like I'll have to invest in a 2nd Tivo so she can record and play back when it suits. At least now I have a definitive answer - calling VM resulted in comments like: "Well they should do" or other waffly (new word) answers. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No to mention there are something like 20% of the movies available in HD compared to SD and seemingly no end to this crap service.
0 Kudos
tassiekev
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info - I left VM 12 months ago because Tivo was driving me nuts but now the old girl has taken a tumble and has lost most of her mobility, the only thing for her to do is watch tv and she prefers movies. I've been very happy with my BT/Sky combo from a selfish point of view and Sky offered a second box free for 12 months but couldn't match the VM package when phone & BB were added in. Tomorrow is D-day and I'm still not sure what to do.

Thanks again for responding.

0 Kudos