Menu
Ostragobulus
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Living Channel 111

Does anyone else have problems with this channel I wonder? We record Black List and currently Blindspot and we can never watch them.

At the moment channel it is not working at all which is a change from an unwatchable picture and intermittent sound. I have reported this on line.

I have had several visit from the engineers over the past three years and we are no further forward. I keep getting told that there is a problem with the signal which is never rectified.

0 Kudos
trentman
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Living Channel 111

Hi Ostragobulus,

I recorded Blindspot for the last two weeks on both my TiVo and my V+ box without problem. The Blacklist also records O.K. every week on my TiVo.

Sky Living did disappear last Friday night for a while at approx 19.30 but I think that was across the network. I have never had an on going picture issue with this channel.

I'm in Grantham, Lincs (Area 30) and the channel is working fine as I write this.

0 Kudos
Ostragobulus
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input. It confirms that the issue is only with me or at least my area.

I have had at least three engineer visits to sort this out - the last one from a SENIOR engineer (same guy as before) but I am no further forward.

They blamed the fact that THEY used a three way splitter and that this was reducing the signal, so one Virgin box which was free with the deal was removed and a two way splitter used. It made no difference. They changed a short connecting wire - no difference and then did something remotely (they said) - no difference!

They keep saying that the signal is weak in some respect and that this will be sorted - it never is! The channel is unwatchable most of the time!

This has been going on for three years.

I guess that the solution is obvious!!! 

Anyway, as I say I am grateful for your reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ostragobulus,

Thank you for posting Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on that channel. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer, your box is not connecting to the network.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know