Menu
S8r8h
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema on demand since TiVo update

Hello

Since the update not only are my TiVo boxes running slowly but I am no longer able to watch any Sky Cinema movies from on demand in HD.  I thought updates/upgrades were supposed to improve the service provided not make it worse!  Anybody else had the same issue through on demand?

This update seems to be a Massive customer service fail.

Sarah

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema on demand since TiVo update

There are a few posts exactly like yours on here and I will explain it the same to you as Virgin have massively screwed us here.

Basically they should have all the films available in HD like they had last year but since the beginning of this year they have drastically cut it down to only the films that have premiered in the last 30 days and I counted around 200 when they were split into HD categories.
So now we have no HD category and us the customer has to go into each and every film to see if it has a HD option or not. That is terrible.
If they went back to how it was last year and had all 1000+ films in HD then you would know each one you selected had a HD version.
We all pay for a HD box, a HD tv, HD sound systems so it's of course sensible we all want to watch the film in HD not in SD.
They told me back in March that this cut of HD films was temporary.....

I suggest you call up complain, point it out to them like I did and you may receive a discount like I did.
S8r8h
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema on demand since TiVo update

Thanks for your helpful reply. They are certainly taking the "biscuit" as well as over £100 each month from me!
0 Kudos