Menu
sarad
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema HD as standard on Virgin

Can someone please advise when I will be able to get Sky Cinema channels in HD as standard.  I am a current Sky Movies subscriber through Virgin.  I still do not have access to them as they are greyed out on the tv guide and ask for subscription if you click on them.

Thanks,

Sara

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Cinema HD as standard on Virgin

Saw a post from another customer saying they have been told 1st August is when it will happen. I'm sure its just a case of Sky giving preference to their own customers over wholesale outlets.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Saw a post from another customer saying they have been told 1st August is when it will happen. I'm sure its just a case of Sky giving preference to their own customers over wholesale outlets.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Just received a letter from Virgin re Sky Cinema.

"Sky Movies is becoming Sky Cinema and from 1st August 2016 you'll no longer need to pay £7 extra a month to watch the latest films in dazzling high definition. HD will be included at no extra cost.

You'll spot this new name and saving on your August bill."

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
TimmyM
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is that the same for everyone £7 off the bill

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TimmyM wrote:

If you have Sky Movies/Cinema and pay the £7 HD supplement then I would presume so. Since Sky have not removed the HD supplement for Sky Sports then it wont apply if you have that.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

TimmyM wrote:

If you have Sky Movies/Cinema and pay the £7 HD supplement then I would presume so. Since Sky have not removed the HD supplement for Sky Sports then it wont apply if you have that.

I don't suppose there is any prospect of Sky making HD without the £7/month extra for Sports is there?   

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

I don't suppose there is any prospect of Sky making HD without the £7/month extra for Sports is there? 

Good lord, no! Smiley Very Happy

However, the HD add-on is £6 on Sky.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos