Menu
dodger2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Atlantic

When can customers expect to receive Sky Atlantic ? It has had so many good programmes over the last few years, we are definitely missing out big time. I am seriously thinking of transferring to Sky.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Atlantic

Last I read it's a Sky exclusive still. Sky want to keep it that way so people will choose them over another provider, hence why they put a lot of appealing shows etc in that Sky exclusive channel.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

getting now tv is the cheapest option.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is still Sky exclusive, & Sky have shown no signs of budging to wholesale providers. BT & TalkTalk have bypassed this to some extent now by signing a seperate deal with HBO, & can show programmes like Game of Thrones without taking the channel, but I cant see the situation with SA changing in the near future.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

CiaranL
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

It is still Sky exclusive, & Sky have shown no signs of budging to wholesale providers. BT & TalkTalk have bypassed this to some extent now by signing a seperate deal with HBO, & can show programmes like Game of Thrones without taking the channel, but I cant see the situation with SA changing in the near future.

I didn't know about this, that's interesting and encouraging that other providers are negotiating deals directly with HBO.

0 Kudos