Menu
SideshowMalc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Atlantic/

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so maybe this has been asked before but when (if ever) will Virgin get Sky Atlantic?

I get sick of new crap channels been added (ITVbe) for one, even BT sport yet we see Sky putting all the good stuff on Atlantic & all the crap on Sky1. Lets be honest we all pay a lot of money for Virgin so it's not a lot to ask.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Atlantic/

If Sky would wholesale Atlantic to any other provider you can be sure that VM would carry it.. But Sky refuse to do so. They have every right to refuse. They reserve Atlantic for their own customers. So the answer to your question is ....?

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What need to happen is for Sky to be spilt into two parts as a supplier and a distributor then all TV service providers could buy packages from Sky on an equal footing

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Some would argue this is where we need a regulator that is brave enough to stand up for the consumer. The trouble is they are between a rock & a hard place here. The platforms have to compete with eachother, or so the govt have decreed. To compete with eachother they have to offer something different. So you have channels signing "exclusive" deals with platforms. The only difference is Sky dont have to pay any money out to keep Atlantic exclusive. Even if the company was split, whats to stop them doing a deal with themselves.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Trev1972
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have to admit i pay sky for atlantic separately.

There does seem a deliberate policy of putting the huge programs on there.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I get it for free with my Vodafone contract and Now TV. Use my PS3 with watch that and ITV Encore also.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos