Menu
sparky0904
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Since lightning no tv or tinternet - wv12

Hi,

Since the (wondeful) lighting last night i cannot seem to get TV or Internet, have rebooted both boxes.

Checked forums cannot see anything is this a region problem?

Cheers,

mark
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Since lightning no tv or tinternet - wv12

If you have checked the service status & there are no issues you need to report the fault. Intense thunderstorms can cause the isolators on your network feed to blow, & these would need replacing.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
rbrydon
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am in DY1 and have same issue. Phone line came back up last night but get "network availability (c130)" error message on tivo and no internet. Checked online and by calling and get conflicting messages about engineers working on a problem in my area and estimated fix times come and go and now no information at all. Tried speaking to a representative on the phone yesterday who told me it was an issue with my account, tried to put me through to cs and cut me off. I hate speaking to virgin over phone - they havent got a clue and just follow a script without actually listening to me.

0 Kudos
Neph
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all who effected by the lighting or by the incompetence of the so called "engineers"!
If this what being called an intense thunderstorm then I feel very sad,for it can happen very often if the weather stays like this and that means we will be without Internet quite often.
Rbrydon you are absolutelly right that times are keep changing about the fix and so about the customer service.
I have spoken to many "advisors" all with indian accent, and none could comprehend the simple fact that my devices are okay and there is a network problem...they all try to convince me that factory reset or keep restarting my HUB would help one even made me disconnect the coaxial cable so he can do some settings...no you cannot...neither any of them was able to ping my SH how would they be when remote access is denied by default.
Please all who faces the same problem please do NOT do factory reset neither you need to keep restarting your HUB...and if you do some work on online and you have loss of business or loss of money because VM cluelessness forget anything like refund or material reward for your patience and loyalty...its entirelly your fault because you are joined the VM networkSmiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
rbrydon
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I agree Neph ! Spoken again to a support "representative" today and had to be quite blunt with them and tell them that I had done everything they were asking me to do and to show that they didn't know what they were doing, explained to him that his colleague the previous day had said that it was down to a problem with my account! He arranged an engineer visit for tomorrow and guess what, I on the off chance, have just rebooted my TiVo and modem and all is up and running again. I also see that the engineer appointment for tomorrow has been wiped from my account and presumably cancelled. OK, thanks for telling me! I would have wasted time off from work tomorrow waiting for an engineer to arrive. I even registered my mobile number to be texted when the issue was sorted both online and over the phone. Can I just say to the VM team - the most infuriating thing for customers is not knowing, being given false promises or conflicting information; I understand that things will go down/wrong now and again - just keep us informed accurately. And PLEASE, sort your overseas call centres out - they are truly awful. I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid on my subscription and get a better quality support. I will see if my connections hold though, as there are still faults recorded in my area...or are there? ;o)
0 Kudos
Ronjon1980
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have come back from a few days away, my internet is down, the TiVo box is not on at all, no lights nothing and worse still my TV is not working!! Can this all be related to the thunderstorm?? Concerned.com !!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sparky0904

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV and broadband service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the connections, we're seeing the set top boxes and the Super Hub as online at the moment, did this issue resolve itself?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey rbrydon

Sorry for the issues with your TV service too, I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this unfortunately.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Also, in the future we recommend creating your own thread for any issues you want us to take a look at so it doesn't get lost in someone else's threadMan Happy

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ronjon1980

Sorry again for the issues you've mentioned you're experiencing with your TV and broadband service at the moment.

I've been able to check your account and can see there's an outage in your local area at the moment, we're working on this right now and hope to have it fully resolved ASAP.

If time passes by and you still find yourself without the service, give us a shout here and we'll take another look to see what's happening for you.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos