Menu
y2johnny
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Shoddy workmen, live wires and lies

nope, not a new tv show coming to channel 5, but the virgun media workmen who came out to our next door neighbour last week.

We don't have virgin and the workmen said they were having a problem setting up next doors and asked it they could use our little brown box on the front of our house and they will come back and rectify it next week.

two weeks later and we are still left with the brown box being fully open with lives wires hanging out of it running through to our neighbours house.

We have two small children in the house and this is ridiculous, i have tried to call on numerous occasions and have been fobbed off constantly

please, please, please respond

0 Kudos
y2johnny
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shoddy workmen, live wires and lies

I've forwarded the pictures to my local press too. Luckily they are part of the mirror group so it may get a lot of coverage
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the most "live" wires on the virgin network are the telephone cables and they can't harm anyone

y2johnny
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. I'll let my two year old play with them tomorrow then
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Usually in this situation a new cable has to be pulled to next door, which is handled by another contractor, & can take a couple of weeks. If there are construction issues & the ducting to the property is blocked preventing the cable being pulled, this can stretch to a month or more, as work permits have to be obtained from the local authority.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Usually in this situation a new cable has to be pulled to next door, which is handled by another contractor, & can take a couple of weeks. If there are construction issues & the ducting to the property is blocked preventing the cable being pulled, this can stretch to a month or more, as work permits have to be obtained from the local authority.

Given that the OP has stated that they are not a VM customer then this should not have happened to them. If there was going to be an issue as described above then the installation should have been halted until the problem was resolved.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
y2johnny
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you frank. Common sense prevails at last. Still no answer from virgin though. What a surprise
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It can take the moderators a few days to pick up this thread and respond.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there yjohnny, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and thank you for highlighting this issue.  I'm really sorry to hear that it's been longer than originally planned, though I'd really like to look into this further for you.

I would need to ask some further questions in order to locate some details, so I'll send you a private message in order to do this, 

Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon. Click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos