Menu
alan128train
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Setting up the Remote

I have a Tivo Box and recently purchased a SEIKI television. I have tried setting up the remote for controlling the volume, and found there are no codes for SEIKI televisions.

I phoned the Virgin helpline and was told I needed a new remote (one with the Virgin logo in white). It came but still not able to find a code for my television.

The Tv model is SE32HD08UK, anyone know how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up the Remote

Hello alan128train,

Unfortunately there are instances where there are incompatibility issues between our boxes and some brands of televisions.

All I can provide here is the link to our help page which will show all the codes for each manufacturer and a step by step guide on how to pair the remote to your television.

If this is not possible you may need to use the remote provided by the manufacture of your television to control the mute and volume.

*Programming your Virgin remote to your TV*

If you were able to get this working please let us know how so we can help other people with the same brand of TV Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alan128train
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up the Remote

I'm afraid thats not really helpful as i went through all available codes weeks ago.

I would hope there would be some dialogue between Virgin and Seiki to add the required codes.

This will be affecting agrowing number of Virgin customers, especially those who shop at Currys/PC World.

I have contacted there head office and suggested they tell there sales staff to adivise customers of this problem, so they can avoid buying these TV's.

I live in hope that common sense will prevail and the correct codes will be obtained and added on a future maintenance update.

regards

Alan Vaughan

0 Kudos