Menu
Victorialouise1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Set up help

TTrying to find which smart tv adapt or such as Google or Amazon Fire tv stick is compatible with the virgin media tv anywhere app. Anyone know? 

Whats the power line kit? 

image.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set up help

You can use any universal wifi adapter, such as the Netgear WNCE2001, to give TiVo a wifi connection to your home network Superhub.

It connects to TiVo's Ethernet port and takes its power from TiVo's USB port.

Powerline adapters allow you to connect between TiVo's Ethernet port and the Ethernet port of your home network Superhub as an alternate way of making this connection.

The third option is to use an Ethernet direct cable connection.

0 Kudos
Victorialouise1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My virgin hub is 2 floors down so I cannot run lines to it. But I want to connect to the virgin tv through the wifi. I don't have a smart tv.
Is it possible to use one of the devices such a Amazon Fire tv stick to connect to the wifi and then connect to the virgin tv?
Or do I need to buy a smart tv. I'm so clueless with this stuff
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lets make it clear about TV Anywhere's functions.

TV Anywhere allows you to watch live channels on a PC/Laptop, tablet or smartphone. This does NOT require a connection to the TiVO. The channels are streamed via the internet from your Superhub direct to the device you are using. You will not be able to stream these channels to a Smart TV or a WiFi stick.

The ethernet connection on the TiVO is used for 2 purposes only:

1) To allow you to connect to another TiVO in another room via your Superhub's network to stream recordings between boxes.

2) To allow you to use a tablet or smartphone as a remote controller/programmer for the TiVO.

If you do not require 1 or 2 above, you need not connect the TiVO to your network.

The only way to watch recordings made on your TiVO is via the HDMI or Scart outputs on the unit.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos