Menu
carll
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Set top connections.

Can  anyone  advise  me  about  the  capability  of  the  Ethernet  and  USB  connections  on  the  rear  of  the  Virgin  media  set  top  box?  i.e.  can  I  use  an  external  HD  drive  or  flash  drive  via  the  USB,  (The brand  is  'Cisco'  and  is  a  HiDef model)  Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Set top connections.

no you can't use the USB for storage.
The ethernet as far as i know is only active on the Tivo and only for limited remote control and multiroom streaming
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And to add to the above (& anticipating a possible reply), the box will only stream recordings from the channels that permit it to another TiVO box on the same customer account.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

nodrogd wrote:

And to add to the above (& anticipating a possible reply), the box will only stream recordings from the channels that permit it to another TiVO box on the same customer account.

How does that work?  Do I just put the ethernet cable into the back of one tivo and the router and then have a socket close to the other Tivo?   Also would it work with a VHD box?

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

no you can't use the USB for storage.
The ethernet as far as i know is only active on the Tivo and only for limited remote control and multiroom streaming
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

nodrogd wrote:

How does that work?  Do I just put the ethernet cable into the back of one tivo and the router and then have a socket close to the other Tivo?   Also would it work with a VHD box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

nodrogd wrote:

Pretty much as you've described, but it's TiVo to TiVo only.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

arrgee1991 wrote:

nodrogd wrote:

Pretty much as you've described, but it's TiVo to TiVo only.

Now that may tempt me to upgrade the VHD box to a tivo...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

Now that may tempt me to upgrade the VHD box to a tivo...

Just check the content you want to stream actually can be streamed first Smiley Wink

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos