Menu
philct
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Set top box rebooting

My set top box has rebooted twice in the last 24 hours. Problems with the TV service or something else?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set top box rebooting

If this was happening on a daily basis I would think there is a problem, either with the box, or with signal levels. I would leave it in case its an isolated incident, as V+ boxes do reboot from time to time. If it persists, and there are no area faults, then its time to call Customer Services.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My TV picture started flashing a few days ago, then the STB switched off and re-booted, came back on and all was normal.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there philct, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with your set top box rebooting lately, this must be really annoying. 

I've done some testing on things from my end and can see some errors being logged by the box, so would like to arrange for a technician to call out and  investigate further for you. I've sent you a private message in order to get this arranged, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos