Menu
Ajmottershead78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Set top box not working again!!!

My second digital virgin box in another room has stopped working again. Says the smartcard isnt inserted correctly and can't get any sky sports/movie channels on it. Engineer came out to fix it a few weeks ago but worked when he got here. Rang yesterday and a man said he'd work on it and it would be fixed in an hour. Still not working and fed up of ringing up. Can't get on sky sports on virgin TV anywhere either. Help!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set top box not working again!!!

Turn the box off. Remove the card & wipe the chip with a soft, dry cloth. Then re-insert & restart.

If that doesn't fix the issue then either the card or the card contacts in the box are faulty.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Ajmottershead78
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Done that a few times and doesn't work. Last time it happened it worked on its own when engineer came. He said it might have been because virgin would have done something to the system to prepare it for when he got there. Fed up of ringing up about it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ajmottershead78,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your set top box.

I've run a diagnostic on the box and I can see an error with the smartcard. I've attempted to clear the error from this end but the box isn't responding to my signal hits.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos