Menu
SamanthaJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Service issues...

Hi - posting here because I'm absolutely desperate for help.

Switched from sky to virgin a month ago, and whilst the Internet is spot on, I can't say the same for the TV or phone.

The tv downstairs is generally fine, however when recording programmes, they only partially record and subsequently fail. The issue is the same upstairs, however it is much worse. The TV constantly freezes and has to be reset - I have done this sometimes up to 4/5 times in an hour. I initially thought this may be teething problems but it remains a constant issue.

The reason I am posting this here, is that I can't get in touch via the free phone number, due to the fact I am still waiting for the phone line to be installed, despite being assured this would be arranged as soon as possible. I don't think a month can be described as ASAP?! Therefore I do not have a phone line to call off, nor the funds to pay for an extortionate 0845 number.

Sorry for the long post, this is more of a desperate plea for help!

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Service issues...

Sounds like you are waiting for a cable repull to get the phone working, which is a contractor job. If the drop cable is damaged this also may be causing the TV issues. The Forum Team here may be able to follow this up for you in a day or so.

Virgin no longer use an 0845 number for customer services, in fact under new OFCOM rules that came in 2 years ago they are not allowed too. The number is now 0345 454 1111, which is standard landline rate, and counts towards any call plan or minutes you have for 01 or 02 numbers.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like you are waiting for a cable repull to get the phone working, which is a contractor job. If the drop cable is damaged this also may be causing the TV issues. The Forum Team here may be able to follow this up for you in a day or so.

Virgin no longer use an 0845 number for customer services, in fact under new OFCOM rules that came in 2 years ago they are not allowed too. The number is now 0345 454 1111, which is standard landline rate, and counts towards any call plan or minutes you have for 01 or 02 numbers.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi SamanthaJ, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you getting involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm really to hear about the issues you are having. This is certainly something I can look into for you.

I've not been able to locate your account using your forum credentials so I have sent you a private message requesting the information I need to be able to help. 

Once I have your reply I can then look into things. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos