Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Series link won't stay

So I had programmes recording then things clashed so I moved things around and saved the new series link. It recorded that week then reverted to the old days and times so clashed. What am I doing wrong? It's really frustrating and complicated compared to Sky
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series link won't stay

With Tivo it's all a matter of priorities, it will always attempt to record the first broadcast of a show, if there are clashes it it reschedule the lowest priority recording.

You can raise or lower the priority of a show in manage my series links.

Shows from channels like BBC that are normally only broadcast once should generally be a high priority.

Even if the tivo tells you there is a clash it will eventually (give it an hour or two) reschedule the show to a later date.

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

4748 wrote:
Ok so I've moved the priorities around. However I still don't understand why once I've changed the day and time I want to record and then saved it, why does it not stay with those settings?

I don't want to have to keep entering things manually as if my programmes don't record, I won't be to happy. It's all very confusing

With the TiVo, once you've set up your series links you should pretty much be able to forget them (as long as you get the priorities right as described), unlike Sky, you don't set a recording for a particular time you just tell it what programs you want recorded and it does all the planning for you. It's a far better system than Sky where you have to try and resolve clashes yourself and keep an eye on it to make sure that programs don't start clashing.

Also, the TiVo will remember series links once a particular series ends and record it again automatically when the series returns (I believe Sky is meant to have this feature now, but it seems that it very rarely works so is pretty much useless)

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With Tivo it's all a matter of priorities, it will always attempt to record the first broadcast of a show, if there are clashes it it reschedule the lowest priority recording.

You can raise or lower the priority of a show in manage my series links.

Shows from channels like BBC that are normally only broadcast once should generally be a high priority.

Even if the tivo tells you there is a clash it will eventually (give it an hour or two) reschedule the show to a later date.

Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I've moved the priorities around. However I still don't understand why once I've changed the day and time I want to record and then saved it, why does it not stay with those settings?

I don't want to have to keep entering things manually as if my programmes don't record, I won't be to happy. It's all very confusing
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I said the tivo will always try to record the 1st showing no matter what time/date you try to set the recording for the best thing you can do is just let it get on with it and not try to micro mange the recording as you had to on the Sky box, it will sort out clashes and schedule the recording according to priortity

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

4748 wrote:

With the TiVo, once you've set up your series links you should pretty much be able to forget them (as long as you get the priorities right as described), unlike Sky, you don't set a recording for a particular time you just tell it what programs you want recorded and it does all the planning for you. It's a far better system than Sky where you have to try and resolve clashes yourself and keep an eye on it to make sure that programs don't start clashing.

Also, the TiVo will remember series links once a particular series ends and record it again automatically when the series returns (I believe Sky is meant to have this feature now, but it seems that it very rarely works so is pretty much useless)

0 Kudos