Menu
SmurfyMurphy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Series Link on V+

Why have Virgin Media now started adding the word "New" in front of new series/new episodes of series?

This means that all new series are being saved under "N", and not the correct first letter of the programme's title, which is very annoying.

This has only started fairly recently. Whoever thought it was a good idea is obviously a fool and didn't think it through. Please, VM, can you stop this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series Link on V+

I have noticed this too. i.e. 'New' Housewives of Beverly Hills on Lifetime channel, there are loads more but I am at work and can't remember them. It would be better to state that they are 'new' after the title of the programme.

Not too much of a big deal for me, but I had one series link that had one episode with 'new' at the front and the next episode didn't so I had one episode under N and the next weeks episode under the correct A-Z.

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

New bear grylls mission survive - itv
New catfish - mtv
New ibiza weekender - itv2
New marcella - itv
New the bachelor - itvbe
New the only way is Essex - itvbe

There are a few others but I assume that's enough to show that it has become a 'thing' to put new in front of programmes.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SmurfyMurphy,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

As far as I'm aware there has been no new changes to how the programmes are listed.  Can you please give me an example of a programme this has affected?

Keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have noticed this too. i.e. 'New' Housewives of Beverly Hills on Lifetime channel, there are loads more but I am at work and can't remember them. It would be better to state that they are 'new' after the title of the programme.

Not too much of a big deal for me, but I had one series link that had one episode with 'new' at the front and the next episode didn't so I had one episode under N and the next weeks episode under the correct A-Z.

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

New bear grylls mission survive - itv
New catfish - mtv
New ibiza weekender - itv2
New marcella - itv
New the bachelor - itvbe
New the only way is Essex - itvbe

There are a few others but I assume that's enough to show that it has become a 'thing' to put new in front of programmes.

0 Kudos
SmurfyMurphy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Currently on my V+ box, I have:

New: James May's Cars of the People

New: James May The Restorer

New: Marcella

New: Scott & Bailey

New: The Durrells

All recorded under "N". This is a newish thing. It started back in January, only on the 1st episode of a new series. Recently it is on every new episode of a new series!

I hope you can help get this changed!

0 Kudos
SmurfyMurphy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I can see a future where everything will be recorded under "N"!! Whoever decided that this is a good idea didn't really think it through properly!