Menu
Debiamer
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Second box

The second box is doing my head in. I can't select a show I recorded, Netflix doesn't work. There's no picture of this box on the website. My shows button works fine on the main box but doesn't do anything on the second box. How do I get to recordings????
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second box

My guess is you have one of the legacy boxes.

Samsung V+HDSamsung V+HD

The Samsung V+ does record, but cannot share programs with other boxes.

The VHD above is a non-recording box.

Neither of these can access Netflix as they have no internal internet modem.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Debiamer
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes its the top one. I selected record on it a couple of weeks ago (I realised it doesn't talk to the main box, so pressed record on it separately) and when I go to tv guide its clearly there because I get a capsule at the top of the screen showing number of hours left but none of the buttons on the remote or info on screen tells me how to play it!!!! Nothing on virgin page about what do to. All the manuals are for remotes or a box i don't have, very helpful..... 😩😩
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your TiVO remote will not operate the V+.

You need a type 11 remote.

Type 11 remoteType 11 remote

Give Virgin a call on 150 & one will be dispatched via Royal Mail.

You can also use the V+ button above the clock/channel number display on the front of the box, in tandem with the circular buttons on the right to access recorded material.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Debiamer
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you! Why they didn't provide the right remote is beyond me!
0 Kudos