Menu
rysmee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Second box channels mostly not working!

Hi, The second box in our bedroom has had most channels not working at all for a couple of weeks now. I thought it would just resolve itself but clearly hasn't!

The strange thing is whilst barely any of the standard channels work - a few (but no where near the majority) of the HD and +1 channels seem to be always there, whilst the standard channels are non existent. I have obviously had the box disconnected a few times and checked all connections through from it leaving the main splitter and into the bedroom.

I would assume its a box problem as the channels in the living room are all perfectly fine but I'm no TV engineer! Any help would be appreciated as not sure if I need to call out an engineer or not?!

Thanks, Ryan. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second box channels mostly not working!

Why wait a couple of weeks? Your VM equipment is rented, so you are paying rental for equipment that does not work properly, & for which you get free repairs or replacements if its faulty.

There could be a signal issue (faulty splitter or connector) or it could be the box, but if a fault persists for more than a couple of days then its in your interests to report it via 150 from a VM phone (0345 454 1111 from others).

The Forum Team here can also book engineers, but they may take several days to respond, & then you are looking at 2 - 3 days to a week to get an engineer out.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
rysmee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm hopeful I guess! Or just lazy..  But mainly I don't want to spend 20 mins on the phone if I can help it!

Do you know how I can get an admin to arrange a visit though this forum? (tried the online chat but was busy for over an hour)

Cheers, Ryan.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that many of the channels aren't working on the additional box you have.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the additional box and there is a detectable signal fault that will be causing this fault.  I will arrange an engineer appointment for you and will pop all the details in a private message.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos