Menu
Sarah27788
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Second TV box

Hello,

I have just purchased our virgin package and downstairs is fine but the box upstairs we can use all the on demand services etc. But we are unable to record, pause, rewind or forward.

Can you please advise the reason for this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second TV box

At a guess, your bundle does not include a second recording box, rather a non-recording V HD box.
0 Kudos
Sarah27788
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But that is not what I got I got the VIP package that stated a second v+ hd box.

This is silly that I can use all demand services and everything but not record the box to me is pointless as me and my partner work so we record things both upstairs and downstairs and we can't.

We got the bundle because it came with a second box we could watch and record on, I am very dissappointed in this and may have to re think the whole package we have if this is the case as this is not what I signed for.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you were offered a V+HD box it will be one of these:

Samsung V+HDSamsung V+HD

If its not, you have a non recording box.

Also you have to bear in mind that the facilities on a V+HD box differ from the TiVO (less catch-up content on iPlayer, less channels & no app based material, smaller hard disk with only 20 hrs HD capacity).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Thiss
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hijack your question but I have a similar one.

Can I get a second TiVo box with full recording and catch up facilities ? If so, how much to 'buy' and what extra per month?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thiss wrote:

Sorry to hijack your question but I have a similar one.

Can I get a second TiVo box with full recording and catch up facilities ? If so, how much to 'buy' and what extra per month?

All VM equipment is rented. There may be installation &/or activation fees depending on your current package, & there is an increased rental of £5 a month on top of the £6.50 multibox fee.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos