Menu
susiebrown
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Screen goes blank then shows resolution banner at top

We recently changed from a V box to a V HD box due to picture break up issues. We connected the new box with the HDMI cable supplied and since every 10 minutes or so the screen goes blank then comes back showing the screen resolution in a box at the top of the screen. After a day, enough was enough I phoned Virgin Media who blamed the issue on the TV.

We can not find a phone number for LOGIK so unable to get any more help.

My husband took out the HDMI cable out and put in the old scart lead since then no problems but I run a test from my PC and it said "test inconclusive".

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen goes blank then shows resolution banner at top

Hi susiebrown

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service at the moment. 

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately. So I can do that for you, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

As for the TV, do you have any other devices you use the HDMI on it? If so, how do these work? If you check your picture settings on the TV for the HDMI source, you might find it set to automatic, changing that to a static option could also help with this, if it's an issue with the TV not knowing what resolution to display in.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
susiebrown
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have nothing else plugged in, I even disconnected my DVD player to see if that was a problem. We tried all picture settings and had enough so we put the scart lead back in and took out the HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi susiebrown

Thanks for getting back to me, does the DVD player plug into your TV with a HDMI or SCART connection? I'm trying to find out if the TV works well with other HDMI devices as I have a feeling it'll do the same thing. 

I've been able to test the set top box from our end too, we're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment, unless you experience this at certain times of the day?

Look forward to hearing from you 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
susiebrown
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Up until the HD box arrived both TV and DVD were connected by scart leads. The DVD has been tried with a scart lead and works fine, the TV has no issues when plugged with a scart lead and I think while it works we will stick with it.

I worry about having to buy a new TV when the time comes that we will again have these issues with the HDMI lead.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susiebrown, 

Thank you for coming back to the Team and keeping us in the loop.

Thanks for letting me know what you've tried here, it is certainly interesting to see. Are you able to test out an additional HDMI cable here?

Many thanks for coming back again. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos