Menu
LordGaga
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Saving Tivo settings. I've lost all my series links. :( Can anyone help please?

Hi,

I'm gutted!!!

Had to have a new Tivo box today, and in addition to losing ALL my recordings (some of which I'd had two years) I've also lost 75 series links! Most of which I can't remember.

I was told that they could be recovered for up to a few days later, but I'm now wondering if they should have been saved BEFORE the engineer changed the box over, as when I go to look at the appropriate page, the dropdown box only recognises the new one. Smiley Sad

Here's the page I used. http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=51533&CURRENT_...

Gutted!

Could anyone help please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Saving Tivo settings. I've lost all my series links. :( Can anyone help please?

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Saving Tivo settings. I've lost all my series links. :( Can anyone help please?

Hi LordGaga,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your series links couldn't be saved for the new box.  I can imagine how annoying that must be.

The article you provided is the correct one to follow.  If it has passed a certain time then data from the old box is lost.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.  

We're here to help anytime you need us, if you have any further queries don't hesitate to give us a shout. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LordGaga
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for your reply. Smiley Happy

I only had the Tivo box changed yesterday. Is it too late to now transfer things over? I read somewhere that you have a few days to transfer things over? But when I looked just after the box had been changed, there was nowhere to transfer from or to.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

LordGaga
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you SO much. That looks like it may just work.

Fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

Virgin Media really need to be sharing this information with their engineers  so that they can tell customers when they're in the process of changing boxes. My engineer had no idea it could be done. He called others who had no idea either. I spoke to Virgin Media who said it couldn't be done - and yet here we are.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos