Menu
p4pauline
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Samsung v+ hd box issues

got programmes which is a bonus but can't view recorded programmes nor on demand.

The home button produces a 'v+ waking up' message so can't access help from there.

'The help button gives the same response.

Re-booting the box has no effect.

Please advise . Guess this means I will lose my recording of the Olympic dressage now... 😭

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung v+ hd box issues

No "Live Tv" indicator means that V+ services are not working. The waking up message continuously being displayed is also ominous, & could be the result of a hard disk failure. I would give faults a call & get it looked at.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Olympics channels from 561 upward have now been removed, so if you made any recordings from these channels they will no longer be accessible as the metadata is no longer being broadcast.

Has the "Live TV" indicator disappeared from the front of the V+ display? It normally sits to the bottom left of the channel number display.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
p4pauline
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nothing showing on left side of box but says 'online' on right side of box

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No "Live Tv" indicator means that V+ services are not working. The waking up message continuously being displayed is also ominous, & could be the result of a hard disk failure. I would give faults a call & get it looked at.

p4pauline
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Figured as much 😢

Will try tomorrow....

still got 'tv' so not totally end of the world...

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi p4pauline,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your V+ box

I've located your account and I can see you've had a technician out to fix it. Is everything working as it should now?

Give me a shout if you get any more problems.  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
p4pauline
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

... and so it's happened again!!!

we had the box replaced and now we've got hiccups..

constant unplugging of box to be able to change channel.. no v+ recordings available.

whatna great service/product this is!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi p4pauline

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your V+ box recently. It sounds as if there's an issue with the hard drive as well as potential other issues with the set top box so I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos