Menu
wotsupnow
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Samsung V+ box freezing

Hi, 

In March VM replaced our SA V+ box with a Samsung due to recording issues. The last couple of weeks it has been freezing. It can be fine all night, then switching on from standby in the morning there is no picture or sound or it comes on and then stops. Powering off/on 'fixes' it for a while. It is in a cabinet but is not even warm. Broadband via the superhub ( fitted in March as well ) is fine.

Anything you can check?

Pete 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung V+ box freezing

Hi Wotsupnow,

Welcome back to the Community, it's good to see you here again Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the pixelation issues you've mentioned here, I'd like to help and have been able to run some tests on the connection.

I've been able to see an issue with one of the tuners and would like to get this looked at a bit more. Can you have a look in your 'Inbox' as I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wotsupnow
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Back in December you saw an issue with one of the tuners, as we where going away for xmas I put off arranging an engineer. We switched off the box for two weeks, it has run ok since then up to the last couple of weeks. Frequent freezing , power off/on gets it going again. Since yesterday though , the online light has been flashing continuously and we cannot access on demand.

Is there a fault in our area ?

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  I have taken a look at the box remotely and there is an issue with the input level on one of the tuners.  Other than that all is online and seems to be ok.  

You mentioned that you now have an online light that's flashing and you can't access On Demand, is this still the case today?

I have checked further and there are no issues in the area currently.  If you can let me know how things are today I can help further.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wotsupnow
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

The online light is now solid since Saturday morning and on demand working. We still get the box freezing, it displays whatever is on as a still picture with no sound and is unresponsive to the remote. Powering off/on gets it going again, seems to be worse first thing in the morning after being in standby all night.

Kind Regards

Pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi wotsupnow

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues with the set top box from our end at the moment, are you noticing this issue occur on certain channels?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wotsupnow
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

It is on all channels, it will suddenly just lock up. Seems to be less often now the weather is cooler.

Last night I played back a recording of the Guitar Star program, it had glitches in the sound all the way through it with some disruption to the video too.

Sound was playing via optical link from VM box to AV receiver, it was fine on other recordings.

Odd times when 1st started in the morning there will be vertical lines of dots on the screen and a scratching sound on the audio for about 10-20 seconds then it will clear up.

Kind Regards

Pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete

Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me so quickly, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look at this if you're available.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wotsupnow
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

The engineer came this morning, levels where as they should be so he swapped out the V+ box. 

OK so far, everything working.

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Pete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I really appreciate it.

If you need any assistance moving forward you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos