Menu
higgsboson
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Samsung V+ box - channels unavailable and /or breaking up

Hi

I have a TIVO box downstairs and a Samsung V+ box upstairs.

The reception on the TIVO system is excellent, and all channels are available, so I assume that the main incoming signal to the house is OK.

However, the V+ box works for a short while after switch on, then I either get a "channel unavailable" message, or the programme starts to pixelate and break up, with eventually no signal. This happens on both the TV or an HDMI monitor. Since the cabling / filters / splitters haven't changed and it worked OK before, it sounds like I need a replacement V+ box.

Could I please book an engineer ASAP to have a look?

Thanks

Cheers

Dave
If you are going to kick a tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with it's teeth (Tom Clancy - The Teeth of the Tiger)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung V+ box - channels unavailable and /or breaking up

Hi Dave

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're available, as we'd like to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi higgsboson

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your V+ box at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you.

We're not detecting any issues with the set top box at the moment, are you noticing this issue occur on any particular channel or at any particular time?

Apologies again for the inconvenience, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

higgsboson
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

................... We're not detecting any issues with the set top box at the moment, are you noticing this issue occur on any particular channel or at any particular time?

Apologies again for the inconvenience, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply

All channels, all times as far as I can check, I'm not wasting time checking each one, fault is present as I type. As I said in the OP, the incoming signal must be OK as the TIVO box is perfect on ALL channels, at present no channel is available on the Samsung. Please fix.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers

Dave
If you are going to kick a tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with it's teeth (Tom Clancy - The Teeth of the Tiger)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dave

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're available, as we'd like to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon

Craig

higgsboson
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Engineer called today. Sorted, thank you. The set top box was faulty (tuner gone belly up I think), replaced the STB, now perfect. Thanks for your help.

Dave

Cheers

Dave
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thank you for coming in and letting the Community know how things have been since the engineer.

I'm please to know that the services are running well now and if there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos