Menu
MillieBella
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Samsung V+ Box crashes

Keeps crashing basically. Remote wont work, cant force restart, if I unplug from mains for a while sometimes restarts ok. DTV medic message Case ID - 1, Code - 1006, Message Get response is null.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung V+ Box crashes

All Virgin equipment is rented, so if its not working as it should call faults. By the sound of it, a replacement box may be needed.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MillieBella,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your V+ box isn't working as it should be.  I can see you have an engineer calling round to get this sorted for you which is great to see. 

I would be fab if you could let me know how it all goes after the appointment, I'm here to help if you need anything.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MillieBella
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well an engineer came out last week and changed my V+ box for a new one. I lost all my recorded programmes and had to search and set all my series again. Tonight the new box failed again with same problem. Engineer booked again for Friday as Im not available Thursday. So I have no tv again upstairs which is where I watch tv as other box permanently on sports! My recordings wont happen and another new box will mean again setting all my recordings. So I am left scouring and paying for whatwver Amazon tv have to offer until Friday 😠
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI MillieBella,

I am so sorry to hear that you're having to wait for another appointment to get this fixed, this isn't good to hear Smiley Sad

I know I wouldn't be happy if I lost all my favourite programmes and have to spend time setting up the Series Links again.  

Please do keep me posted again after we get it sorted for you.  I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MillieBella
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Engineer gone. Box not fixed or replaced. The only options are to have ANOTHER V+ box which I know are refurbished as you dont make/sell them anymore or upgrade to Tivo costing me £50+ initially then extra £5 a month for sonething I dont need. I have already had 1 refurb after my original box failed, I put up with 2 weeks of non recordings constantly resetting before called Virgin. The replacement failed within days, same error again leaving me with a service im paying for but not getting again. Why would I want another refurb, it will fail again and i will go through this again. When he tried to book me in for tivo date offered is April! So now paying for V+ for nothing. I have been with Virgin since NTL. Cant believe being forced to pay more for something I dont want just so they can maintain the service I am paying for already.
0 Kudos
MillieBella
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, if we count my original V+ box as number 1 fail I am now on no.3 fail within 3 weeks with another technician booked for Monday! He will probaly change the box again, I will reset all my series recordings again! All this time I am paying for these failed boxes to sit at home while I watch tv via amazon and chromecast. Getting a joke now and not a funny one.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The situation with V+ boxes is not likely to get any better. My advice would be to phone Retentions (150 option 4 then 5) & see if they can offer you a better deal. You could save money, TiVO's are now issued as standard with new contracts, & most are also offered as self-install which has a charge of between £5 - £20, as opposed to a £50 for a manned install.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MillieBella
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for advice. I already have one tivo and also another basic box along with the V+ box I begrudge paying for something I dont need/want just for them to provide the service I am paying for. We have XL tv package with telephone and fastest broadband, pay them a large amount of money already and I have been told 4 times on the phone it will be fixed, 3 technician visits which means 3 time slots I have to be available and about to go round again. Infuriating. Been a customer since NTL!
0 Kudos