Menu
juliefitzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Smart TV issues with 4OD

Hello,

I have a Samsung Smart tv model UE32H5500, and I am having issues watching 4od. 

There was an existing post on this, but I could not reply to it!!!!

The picture constantly freezes, usually following adverts. It won't continue and either stays with a wheel turning, freezes or says 'content not available'

The only way to solve it is to completely exit 4od and go back (and watch all the adverts again) so it can mean you end up watching about 21 adverts per half hour show. 

It used to happen after the adverts mid show but now it happens even at the beginning.

It makes 4od 'unwatchable'

I don't have the same issues with BBC I player or Amazon Instant

0 Kudos
vwillcox
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV issues with 4OD

If the problem is with the Smart TV 4oD and not the TiVO 4OD this forum may not help as it not a problem with any Virgin equipment (with the small exception of it being related to your broadband connection).

Your better option would be on a Samsung support site.

My Speed
300Mb/s.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 91
Flag for a moderator

It is a known problem. Anyone with this issue should post the required information on the Forum so that the Forum Team can chase it up, as per this post:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Samsung-Smart-TV-Roku-4oD-ITV-player-and-5-on-dema...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
juliefitzy
Joining in
Message 4 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, this is where I started (at the link you posted)... but I cannot reply to the post so I am not sure where I am supposed to leave the information.

Any ideas? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Peckhampete
Joining in
Message 5 of 91
Flag for a moderator

I can't reply to the main post either.
I have the same problem with my Samsung smart TV.
SAMSUNG UE32H6400.
The content stalls after the advertising break, it spins for a minute or so then displays an error message 'content not available'.
If I exit 4od completely and then go back to the point it stalled (& watch all the commercials again) it works but then stalls again at the next break.
iPlayer and amazon instant work fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi juliefitzy,

Welcome to our Forum, though really sorry for the problems you're having with 4OD at the moment, and apologies for not replying sooner.

I have been dealing with a few other reported problems with this on the broadband boards and would like to offer help with this. Please read my PM to you (small red envelope icon, top left of page) and let me know how you get on.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peckhampete,

Apologies that you're having problems with 4OD too (and a warm welcome to our Forum). I'd really love to offer my help to you also but I'm having difficulty in locating your account information.

Please reply to my PM (small red envelope icon, top left of page)  and I'll get this sorted out for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
johninho
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Can you add me to your PM list having problems.

Roku 3 box.

Problem with video freezing at adverts happens when using on Samsung TV and Panasonic TV using the Roku3.  I have a Superhub 1.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peckhampete,

Thanks very much for that information Smiley Happy

I've just replied to your PM so please read that and keep me updated on any developments. I'm confident we'll get this resolved but would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi johninho,

You have been added too Smiley Happy Just check my PM (small red envelope icon, top left of page) and keep me updated.

By the way, to help our investigation could you provide the make/model of the affected TV's?

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos