Menu
lfairburn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote Control not working with VM TiVo Box

Hello,

How do I get the Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote Control to work with VM Tivo?

Gone through set up on my Tivo but nothing is happening. People have said I need a IR blaster/extender - should this have come with my box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote Control not working with VM TiVo Box

Hi IFairburn

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing lately.

If the remote is compatible, it should work using the instructions that came with it. As it's not, I'd recommend ensuring the firmware on your TV is fully up to date. How have you got the IR receiver positioned?

If any members of our community have this set up successfully, we'd love to hear from youMan Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Alan_FX8150
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am also having problems.

Just bought a JU6740 (48" Uhd curved screen) and have been trying to set up the universal remote to work with virgin. Not had any luck with virgin at all.

I also bought a JS8550 (55" UHD curved) to link up to my virgin HD+ box in the PC room but was hoping to sort this out first Smiley Sad.

Are there no Samsung 2015/uhd customers that use virgin?! I find it very hard to believe that there's not thousands of people in the country. Please can anyone help as there will be others customers in this situation also.

Many thanks,
Alan

Ps there is no IR receiver for these tvs, they work through Hdmi. I can control my panasonic surround sound and blu ray player via this method. Cheers
0 Kudos
Alan_FX8150
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good news! I've managed to fix it myself.

I had spoke with Samsung customer services and explained how I fixed it:
___
I have found the resolution to the virgin issue in case you need to notify your technical department? When the user tries to select virgin media, it will not display the screen where the user tries channel up / channel down, then does not function. However if the user searches for "virgin" then selects, the testing window appears as expected and the functions also work.
____
Weirdly they replied with:
Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is 2118173942.

This is to acknowledge that we have received your response earlier about the connection of your external devices to your TV. In regards to your concern about the set top box, for further assistance, other details and information please do contact the set top box provider to configure the universal remote to the box.
____
Perhaps they misunderstood that it was an issue with their own tv and the fact that I'd resolved it by manually searching for virgin, rather than Samsungs virginmedia choice in the menu.

I'm an ISTQB qualified Software Tester for a living but even if I was just an ordinary user, it's quite clear they need to configure their menu selections!

Anyway enough ranting at Samsung. I hope this helps other virgin media users Smiley Happy
Akhtar786
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I purchased a Samsung JS9500 SUHD TV about 4 weeks ago. Samsung smart remote worked fine with Sky. A few days ago, we switched from Sky to Virgin and the remote stopped working with Virgin box. Rang Samsung and stayed on the phone for almost an hour. They were unable to get the remote working, even after resetting the TV a few times and reprogramming the remote. They promised to get one of their senior technical person to ring me but the call never came. I came across this post from Alan_fx8150. Followed his instructions and got the remote working in under one minute. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Bexallison
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all. I'm having the same problem & just tried the suggested solution above but no joy, I still don't get the testing window Alan mentions nor does the remote work. Does anyone know if I need to do any type of reset or anything to make this work? Or have any other advice? Thanks!
0 Kudos