Menu
CR01
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Samsung SMT-2110C V box

I currently have a Samsung SMT-2110C V box. Does anyone know if VirginMedia can replace it without charging a £49.95 activation charge. I would be happy with a V+ HD box as replacement if that would avoid the activation fee that they want to charge for TiVo.
0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung SMT-2110C V box

Hi CR01, welcome to the forums. Wow now that is an old box indeed ! I remember when I had that box. We are going back quite a few years. Do you have a HD TV out of interest. Reason for asking is the Samsung SMT-2110C is only a SD box. In my humble opinion, I don't think you should be charged anything for upgrading that box. Best thing to do is to speak to Customer Relations with regards to this as they should definitely be able to help. They are UK based and are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday 8am - 6pm. To get through to them, just dial 150 if you have a VM Landline or 0345 454 1111, choose option 1 initially, then choose option 4 and finally option 5. Hope this helps and please let us know how you get on Smiley Happy
Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
CR01
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Yes got hdtv. Will try and get a free upgrade but they were quoting £49.95 for activation fee and I was hoping to avoid that sort of fee.

Thanks again
0 Kudos
maths15
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call retention sand ask them what the best deal is they can do. Mi did it early this year and got an uograde to TiVo for free and a fiver knocked off my monthly bill.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All box changes apart from faults are self-install now, so there is no install fee. There is however usually a P & P charge of £20 to deliver the upgraded box. Some customers have managed to wangle a free upgrade, but it depends who you talk too, & also how big a package you are paying for.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos