Menu
breakofday
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SPIKE

Hi all, does ANYBODY think Virgin will ever get the TV channel, SPIKE?!!!!!

It seems Sky, Freeview & just about everywhere else has it....getting frustrated now. When I contacted Virgin they just said " we are in negotiations"!!! Thanks.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPIKE

Depends if the two companies come to the right deal. What you have to remember is Virgin is a pay platform, so channels can go for a cut of subscription income as part of the deal. In that case your so called "free" channels could end up costing you more by joining the platform.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As I said before in previous post on this subject not sure why there is thread about this channel its not that good most of what they show us Channel 5 repeats
0 Kudos
breakofday
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's ok if you don't want Spike however I DO & simply wondered if anyone else wondered/had any idea if Virgin would ever "entertain" having it for their loyal customers that seem to be experiencing ever-increasing bills to use it's service, that's all. I am fully aware I can use another provider like Sky, etc' but I am just curious as to why Virgin still hasn't acquired this channel. Most of my (non-Virgin) friends say it's a great channel and I agree, judging by the content in the TV guide. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Because they may be asking money for provision, which will push your prices up even more. Most TV's have Freeview built in, so connecting an aerial (which also acts as a backup) is always a good option.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Mike13
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have to watch Spike on my Freeview TV. I like the boxing. The undercard of Lenny Daws is on tonight.

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's pretty daft we're still waiting, and so far we've missed out on plenty of shows... Breaking Bad, Justified, 19-2, Olympus, Sons of Anarchy, Transporter: The Series, The Walking Dead, Bar Rescue, Frankenfood, Lip Sync Battle etc

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TBH most of those shows have been shown already on other channels available on VM and as the other guy said freeview is on most modern TV,s and has been for quite some time so if you have an Aerial on the house fire up Freeview through that
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ignoring previous seasons which may have aired on other channels and looking at new seasons...

Breaking Bad - only on Spike

Justified - only on Spike

19-2 - now being repeated on BET

Olympus - only on Spike

Sons of Anarchy - only on Spike

Transporter: The Series - did get repeated on Channel 5

The Walking Dead - only on FOX for customers on higher packs but not others

Bar Rescue - only on Spike 

Frankenfood - now being repeated on Comedy Central

Lip Sync Battle - now being repeated on Comedy Central

0 Kudos