Menu
lanemeyer1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SPIKE TV hurry up Virgin!

Seriously.  

Spike UK are starting to show live Boxing from the States which a lot of people are going to **bleep** off at missing.

Xian
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPIKE TV hurry up Virgin!

Can't you stick an aerial in your TV?
And if not, why not?
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can and have even with a booster but still not good enough to pick it up.
Still doesn't help that I no means to record from it if I do get a working aerial. That is what the Tivo is for,
Dolarhyde
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@lanemeyer1 

Well said!

Bellator and BAMMA are also exclusive to Spike TV and as a customer since the Cable and Wireless days I am very angry that I am going to have to try to fit an aerial (rented flat) and add to the clutter with a freeview box in order to get what everybody else is getting.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dolarhyde wrote:

@lanemeyer1 

Well said!

Bellator and BAMMA are also exclusive to Spike TV and as a customer since the Cable and Wireless days I am very angry that I am going to have to try to fit an aerial (rented flat) and add to the clutter with a freeview box in order to get what everybody else is getting.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Spike-TV/m-p/2809451/highlight/true#M121098

also

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Spike-TV/m-p/2802696/highlight/true#M120809

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@PrinterElf

I accept your points about the differences between the providers, however, this makes it no less annoying to be missing content to which almost everybody else has free access.

When the deal for BT Sport was announced, the long delay and lack of information made some sense as those negotiations were obviously sensitive and in the end VM customers got a better deal than Sky's -and the reasons for this you outline make perfect sense to me. 

Now surely that same argument works for Spike; the guaranteed audience to satisfy advertisers for them and for Virgin, the fact that their customers would have access to a content provider targeting the desirable 18-49 demographic.

Also, Spike is owned by Viacom and Virgin already carry a host of Viacom channels.

I'm checking Media Boy's blog daily in the hope we'll get some good news soon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Seems to have been a copy & paste error with the links in that post - the first one should be this:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Spike-TV/m-p/2809451/highlight/true#M121098

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
blackspaven
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Easy enough to say why not just put an aerial up, but some of us live in a blank/low spot between two transmitters so would have to pay a fortune in fitting ultra high gain aerials and other stuff just to receive freeview.

Not so free when you take that into account, otherwise I'd be able to watch BBC for nothing in my bedroom. :0/

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Of course you can watch BBC via iPlayer in your bedroom.

0 Kudos
Dolarhyde
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Spike have also announced that they'll be showing Glory Kickboxing...

“Kickboxing fans have clamoured about our possible debut on the channel for months via social media. We brought that outcry of support to the team at Spike to prove the UK’s strong interest in the most exciting combat sport on television,” said GLORY Executive Director Ivan Farneti. “Things moved quickly after our first meeting”.

"Things moved quickly after our first meeting" ,  imagine that!!

0 Kudos