Menu
KWSkink
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SKY CHANNELS PIXELATING

I have recently changed my tv from 19" to 28" and now the picture on all the Sky channels pixelates. I have a VHD box.  I've checked the cables and they are ok and the main tv is having no problems.  Should I call an engineer or can I fix this myself?  I think it must be a problem with Virgin as all the other channels work fine.  On demand is not affected just watching Sky live.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SKY CHANNELS PIXELATING

How are you connected your V HD box to your new TV - via SCART or HDMI? And which Sky channels in particular are an issue, is the HD or SD versions?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
KWSkink
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky 1, Sky Living and Sky news.  SD version and connected through HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SD channels do lose quality as TVs get bigger as the compression artefacts become more noticeable. How obvious it is depends on several factors, but a good percentage of picture quality decisions are down to the broadcaster.

If you're on TV XL all the channels mentioned have HD equivalents which will improve the picture quality.

If it was a problem with your Virgin TV box or cabling then I would expect that you'd notice problems on a range of channels, rather being restricted to Sky channels specifically.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there KWSkink, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with certain Sky channels, and would love to take a more detailed look into things for you. 

I've attempted to run some checks on your VHD box, however at the moment I am not getting any readings from your set top box. 

This could be because the box is currently powered off, if this is the case, could you please power it back on and let me know. Please leave it powered on (standby is okay) until either myself or one of my colleagues reply to say that we've completed the checks. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos