Menu
roumat7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Russia Today News

Can someone explain why Virgin do not support the RT news channel on tv. Sky have it listed under the news section on satelite tv. It is available on freeview I know ,but not listed under the news section of Virgin. Why?? You have Al Jareeza and others listed.  It is the only news that I watch. Is Mr Branson also on the russophobe bandwagon? This issue is the one that will drive me back to Sky. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Russia Today News

Joining every TV platform costs money. Also, unlike satellite, Virgin is a closed platform & the whole of their network costs fall on their customers & the channels that join the platform. RT is Free-to-Air on satellite. Apart from the Sky EPG listing they are nothing to do with Sky. They pay a fee to SES (the satellite's owner) to lease a transponder & they can then be available to the whole of Europe if they please for just one fee.

As for Mr Branson. He left the company a while ago now & just leases his brand name. Virgin Media is now a wholly owned subsiduary of the Liberty Global group worldwide cable empire.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Russia Today News

Joining every TV platform costs money. Also, unlike satellite, Virgin is a closed platform & the whole of their network costs fall on their customers & the channels that join the platform. RT is Free-to-Air on satellite. Apart from the Sky EPG listing they are nothing to do with Sky. They pay a fee to SES (the satellite's owner) to lease a transponder & they can then be available to the whole of Europe if they please for just one fee.

As for Mr Branson. He left the company a while ago now & just leases his brand name. Virgin Media is now a wholly owned subsiduary of the Liberty Global group worldwide cable empire.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile