Menu
tim1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Returning equipment

I've received a text message today:  "Hi, it s Virgin Media. We haven t received our kit back yet, so we re now passing your account to our recovery team."

They have also send me a couple of previous texts and an email stating that return packaging had been sent. I've previously replied to the texts and have sent multiple emails to equipmentreturns@virginmedia.co.uk (none of which had been answered) explaining that I have not received any kind of return packaging or pre-paid labels.

If there is a way I can return the equipment without pre-paid labels or return packaging then just let me know. I've said I will return the equipment I just don't know how to do without this information.

This has all been very frustrating. All I wanted to do from the beginning was a Home Move. I don't know why new equipment was sent to me in the first place. I have spent so much time on phone calls with different people from virgin media working through all the different problems up to now, including people telling me that they have no record of the previous conversations I'd had and saying different things to what I'd been told previously.

On one of the calls (when trying to activate at my new house) I was told they had no record of the equipment at all (the person got frustrated with me thinking I was giving the wrong MAC Address), and then that this equipment was actually associated with another address. Maybe Virgin have sent the return packaging to this other person's address, whoever they are.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning equipment

Hi Tim1234,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment. 

I would like to help here and sorry for the mixup. I would like to ask if you've been able to locate a place you can drop off the equipment here. You will need something to send the equipment back with and if you can give our team a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111. One of the team will be able to send you the returns package or have someone pick it up Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mel1974
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

I could really do with some help. I have just come off of the telephone this afternoon from Virgin Media, as I am not in a position where I can return the equipment to the nearest collect plus. It had taken me quite a bit to ring up and was told by the operator that If I wanted to find a way to return the equipment. I do not have anyone near me that can help- I do not financially have the money to get a taxi there and back. I was told by the operator that it was impossible that I did not have any friends, family that could help. I was made to feel that I was lying and that I was trying to find a way out of not returning the equipment. When I explained that maybe there could be a reason I was returning equipment- ie a financial reason, I was told that they could not help me and it was not their fault. I was told that I would have to pay the £60.00 if I could not return it. I do not have the money, I do not have the money to get me to the nearest place.

I am sick and tired of the poor customer service that Virgin is beginning to show more of. I feel like contacting my local MP to get involved. I do not know what else to do. I have the equipment in a box, ready to return but can't get it to the collect plus- not everyone has a car or a direct bus and not everyone is in a position that they can do this simple task. I was made to feel like I was trying it on.

I would like someone from Virgin to get back to me and try help solve the situation, not make me feel like I am a liar.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mel1974,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community and I'm very sorry to learn about what's happened.

Our parcels are returned free of charge using Collect + so I have had a quick look for you and your nearest collection point is Sherwood News & Booze. 

I have added the link here so if you just pop your post code at the top where it says 'Find a store' then you'll be able to see where this is Smiley Happy

If you're unable to get there yourself then someone else can return it to your nearest Collect + store but if you need more time then let me know so I can extend the collection time frame up to 30 days.

Please let me know how you get on or if you require any further help.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mgrucha
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Posting it here as i doubt my email will be answered.

I am absolutely shocked by the services that I have been lately receiving. I have canceled my contract with virgin on the 7th of Jully. I have been calling you multiple times about not receiving the packaging to send back the equipment. On the 22/06, 14/07, 27/07 to be exact. I am no longer living in that flat but the new tenents were letting me know that the packaging hasn't arrived yet. When it eventually arrived and I have arranged with the new tennents for me to come to the flat and collect the old router , it turned out that on the 7th of July a member of your technician team has took the old router back after installing the new one for the new tennents. I was not aware of that, nor non of the members of the team I was calling about the packaging told me about. So I called today, on the 31 of July to say that the technician has took the router back. What I hear is that the router is still marked as being with the account holder, and that "it is my responsibility to send it back, otherwise I'll be charged". My question is, how am I supposed to send it back if a member of your team already took it. The member of the team I was talking to today said he'll make a note to the manager and the case will be investigated. I am convinced that such note was not made. I have asked to speak to the manager after which I have been hanged up on. This is unacceptable. I have called several times about the same issue, no one told me the equipment was already taken nor anyone made a note about taking my equipment yet I was still paying money to call you about a router that was already taken from the flat. I have never experienced such bad, unorgenised service and I will never be joining virgin media again and I expect not to be charged for not sending the router back otherwise I will be writing bad reviews about your services on every possible website as the way you treat your customers is absolutely resentful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mgrucha, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if the experience has been less than perfect Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry there has been some misunderstandings regarding the return of your equipment. 

Realistically, the router should never of been left at the property for it to be taken by the engineer in the first place. You should have taken it with you when you left. That way we can then track the return of it. 

As the engineer has taken it, there isn't a way to track the return of it. 

I can see the person you spoke to has indeed noted the account and therefore the charge has been cancelled while we work to find the missing equipment so there is nothing for you to worry about there Smiley Happy 

Going forward, if you do decide to come back to Virgin Media, make sure you're updating us as if we had known the equipment was taken by the engineer, we wouldn't of chased you for it Smiley Happy

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos