Menu
anujjain19
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Request for Indian news & 9XM music channels on virgin TV

Hi,

We have only one Indian news channel (NDTV 24X7)- English on Virgin TV. Previously we had ABP news (Hindi) channel available on virgin TV, which was withdrawn. Now ABP news has also become free to air.

Since NDTV does not cover all the Indian news contents and considering UP election news in 2017, we request Virgin to add following free to air channels on virgin TV:

ABP News (Hindi)

AAJTAK (Hindi)

Headlines Today (English)

Times Now (English)

9XM music channel

Most of the above channels are available on Sky basic package.

Can something be done for the above channels as I feel, if these can be offered, virgin media will be complete package even if it costs some pounds more.

Else i will not be able continue with Virgin Media anymore.

This is very basic request from any Indian/asian.

Thanks,

Anuj Jain

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request for Indian news & 9XM music channels on virgin TV

The channels that are on Sky are actually not part of the Sky package at all. They are "Free-to-Air" satellite channels that can be picked up by any European standard FTA receiver. The owner pays the satellite operator (SES in Belgium) to lease a transponder. The only thing they pay Sky for is a listing on their programme guide.

Virgin is a closed system with no free channels, so there is a cost involved for every channel added. Also there is restricted capacity as far as adding new channels to the system is concerned. Most of the new foreign channels being added to Virgin are using the Worldbox app on the TiVO boxes.

The channels not available on satellite more than likely do not have a UK broadcast licence, so it would have to be a decision by the channel owner to be available on UK TV platforms.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

anujjain19
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Media,

You might be having some technical and legal explaination behind this. But as a Customer, Sky is able to provide those channels free of cost and you are not!!!

I would request you to either add on those Hindi news channel or find some workaround for it. OR Atleast write that on your website.

The reason behind this request is- when i talked to your Sales representative, they said they provide all Asian channels which sky provide (which is intern false statement).

Please take this issue seriously, i can see other post as well for the same request which means others customers are also looking for same channels.

FYI.. There is also Facebook group (A group of people) who are not happy with Virgin Media for not being able to show these channels. Please take some action before it become a mass walk out movement from Virgin Media Services.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

has already explained the position to you. As free to air channels, there is no benefit to VM adding them. There is however a cost. Its up to the channels to negotiate with VM to provide a benefit  that outweighs the cost, to access VM's broadcast platform.

As such you would be better pressuring the channels to approach VM. If there's a large demand for it on the VM platform, they should be able to use that as leverage.

0 Kudos
anujjain19
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am quite surprised that you are asking me to pressuring the channel!!!
I as a customer expect that what VM Sales representative told me before opting for VM Services should be fulfilled and just because it might not be directly beneficial to VM (though in long term it will be), VM will not look into this…
I feel this is yours/channel combined responsibility to fulfil customer interest. And if Channel is not aware about this, so you need to inform them.
Again I will reiterate until you provide these services , please clearly mention this on your website and moreover the way you replied me , its showing your approah- how you treat your customers if its not financial benifit for you. Before it become viral on Social media, Please take corrective action.

ALSO PLEASE PASS ON THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR SENIOR MANAGEMENT ABOUT CUSTOMER EXPECTATION.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What are you getting narky with me for? I'm a customer same as you. Guess what not all MY interests are catered for in VM's offering. Such is life.

All I was doing is pointing out how the system works. And where the best point of contact would be.

If you want to pursue a complaint with VM vis a vis the sales reps statement that's entirely your prerogative. But on here is not the correct way. This is a community forum with customers helping out other customers and staff picking up where they need to.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There are several Facebook pages regarding different missing channels on Virgin. Some have been going for several years. At the end of the day it has to be commercially viable for the service to be carried by both the TV platform & the channel owner.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos