Menu
captain99
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reported open cabinet 6 days ago - still open

Last week, I saw that our street cabinet was open with wires sticking out everywhere. I reported it to the automated hotline either last Thursday or Friday (can't remember which day it was now).

As of 3pm this afternoon (the following Wednesday) it still has not been sorted out. The door has been taped shut a couple of times but this invariably doesn't last long. I have checked on it a number of times to find the door wide open with all the wires exposed.

Surely VM should be on top of these things? All it takes is some little scrote to stick his hands in and pull out the wires and we will have to go without our services for a few days.

COME ON VIRGIN - PULL YOUR FINGER OUT - THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

Surely 5/6 days is too long to sort this out? especially considering the possible future problems that could be caused if this isn't sorted? I won't be happy if we lose our services.

0 Kudos
captain99
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reported open cabinet 6 days ago - still open

Another day on and still no action...................................

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had also filled in an online customer service form but have not yet received any confirmation that they have received it, let alone any indication that they are going to do anything about it.

0 Kudos
captain99
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another couple of days gone and still the cabinet is open and still I am having to go out to tape it back shut and still no acknowledgement from Virgin Media.

Is anybody from Virgin Media listening? (evidently not).....................................

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi captain99,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear the cabinet is still open.

I'll get this escalated to the appropriate team but first, I just need a few details about the cabinet.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some information from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi captain99,

Thanks for the details. I'll report this directly to our Cabinet & Plant Maintenance team. They should get out there within 48hrs to secure that broken door.

Let me know if you get any more issues with it and I'll chase it up.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos