Menu
Vale46
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Replacement power adaptor

Just had to order a replacement power supply for my VHD box (bad dog).   Anyone know why I have to wait for an engineer to bring it and plug it in rather than VM just posting one?  No TV for a week now because of this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement power adaptor

Vale46 wrote:

Just had to order a replacement power supply for my VHD box (bad dog).   Anyone know why I have to wait for an engineer to bring it and plug it in rather than VM just posting one?  No TV for a week now because of this.

It should have just been posted out, like replacement remotes are. That is unless the following maybe happened:  A) the agent you spoke to couldn't get just the power supply sent out, so they booked in a replacement for not just the power supply, but the STB as well. Or, B) the agent seen that your STB has signal issues and decided to book an engineer appointment which would deal with both problems.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds it.

You can use the engineer appointment page to see check (daily) to see if an earlier appointment slot has become available: https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/view-appointments

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vale46,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry our team couldn't post a power supply out to you.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vale46,

I don't know why you weren't sent one. Typically if we know that it's just the power lead at fault, we post out a replacement.

It might be possible that the agent you spoke to just wanted to cover all bases, just in case.

All the best   Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vale46,

Definitely a good call by our agent!

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Josh

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Vale46 wrote:

It should have just been posted out, like replacement remotes are. That is unless the following maybe happened:  A) the agent you spoke to couldn't get just the power supply sent out, so they booked in a replacement for not just the power supply, but the STB as well. Or, B) the agent seen that your STB has signal issues and decided to book an engineer appointment which would deal with both problems.

- - - - - -
Vale46
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke.   Probably the first one as the STB wasn't powered up when I called due to the lack of the power supply.  The guy did sound a bit confused and went away for some time during the call.  He asked me if I wanted him to activate the box and also what box I had expected to receive.  Odd questions really.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds it.

You can use the engineer appointment page to see check (daily) to see if an earlier appointment slot has become available: https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/view-appointments

- - - - - -
Vale46
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I work weekdays Shelke so the only appointment they could fit me in was Saturday.  Thanks for your help again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vale46,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry our team couldn't post a power supply out to you.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

Josh

Vale46
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Josh.  Any particular reason why I couldn't just be sent a power adaptor?

Kind Regards

Vale46

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vale46,

I don't know why you weren't sent one. Typically if we know that it's just the power lead at fault, we post out a replacement.

It might be possible that the agent you spoke to just wanted to cover all bases, just in case.

All the best   Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Vale46
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK.  Thanks again Josh.  He did sound a little confused.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Vale46
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It turned out that the guy from the call centre got it right.  The engineer replaced the power adaptor and it worked but the STB went off when he jiggled the lead.  The conection must have been damaged inside so he replaced the STB too.  Then he noticed the HDMI connector was bent at a 90 degree angle where it entered the TV.  He even replaced that too.  Good call VM and thank you.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos