Menu
johnbaker77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement V+ box

Hello,

I don't know who to speak to regarding this.  I'm starting to get a bit hacked off with the whole process.  I've tried contacting Virgin on the phone, but there doesn't seem to be a correct department on the 'press one for....' menu, and I've run out of patience trying to find the corresponding menu that will assist.   

I had an engineer come to fix my second Samsung V+ box just before Christmas.  He promised that the box was fixed.  A day later, the same problem happened again.  I had to wait a few more days for another engineer to attend.  He took the V+ box and handed me a form, stating 'Faulty V+ box, replaced for a temp V HD box until next visit.'  When will this next visit be?!  It's been a month now, and I've heard nothing.  I take it I'm still paying for a V+ service and box? Who do I contact? I've tried the customer services number, no joy.  

Theres no straightforward 

0 Kudos
johnbaker77
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement V+ box

Everything about this bloody Virgin 'customer services' seemed to be weighed against me! It stopped letting me edit my previous thread halfway through! 

Anyway, as I was typing: There doesn't seem to be a straightforward way of contacting someone and asking what's going on.  Am I really missing something here? Also, my landline hasn't been working properly for over a year, so I finally decided to ask them to fix it.  They tried, still doesn't work properly.  I'm getting more frustrated on having to pretty much write a day off to wait for engineers, queue while an automated voice tells me about 'amazing deals' or puts me through to wrong departments, or have to turn boxes off and back on again.  I'd just like a reasonable amount of customer service, to get a working V+ box and landline.  Is that too much to ask for?

0 Kudos
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You should have never been left with a VHD box in replacement for a V+, the engineer should have got one for you on his visit. The problem you will have now is that the job he came out to do has been done "on the system".If he couldnt get another V+ box on the day then this should have been passed to his PT and they should have contacted you themselves to arrange a time to come back and fit the V+. You will need to arrange a new visit and explain this to the engineer who comes out.

johnbaker77
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers,
To be fair, the engineers were thoroughly nice people. He did make an effort to message other engineers on his WhatsApp group to see if anyone had a spare V+ box in their van that they could deliver, but all were out. I was grateful he had a spare HD box to give us. So will I have to go through the faults option menu on the phone to get this sorted? I just assumed there'd be a follow up call when a new box was available. I look forwards to the delights of the call centre a bit later.
0 Kudos
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Im afraid so, if he had passed it onto his PT then they would have been in touch by now. When you call faults you may have trouble explaining the problem. If you do and they wont send an engineer out you will need to turn the box off and tell them it isnt working, then when they run tests from their end they wont be able to contact the box, they will then need to send an engineer.
0 Kudos