Menu
DiaHughes
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replacement V+HD Remote

Please could I have a replacement V+HD Remote controller as our current one has died.  The batteries have been swapped out but the controller still fails to work.

I've tried going through your automated nightmare but it doesn't give me the opportunity to select any other option then resetting the whole system which would kill my connection to work and prove no good what so ever. 

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement V+HD Remote

You have to phone to get a remote or use the online chat, phone 150 select tv faults let it run any tests and eventually a human will answer

0 Kudos
DiaHughes
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, please read again.

The tests cut off my broadband access, and I work from home, so not a brilliant solution.

There's nothing wrong with the line or the box just the controller and your support system!!!!!

Please could someone simply send me a new controller, without all this stupid carry on !!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

DiaHughes wrote:

OK, please read again.

The tests cut off my broadband access, and I work from home, so not a brilliant solution.

There's nothing wrong with the line or the box just the controller and your support system!!!!!

Please could someone simply send me a new controller, without all this stupid carry on !!!!

Please read what I posted the only way to get a remote is via online chat or to phone in, selecting tv faults should have no effect on your broadband connection

http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no you'll need to call in. As the T&C say residential use only you'll have to take the hit and lose the connection or call in when you are not working. If your work is so important you can't lose the connection for 5 minutes you probely shouldn't be calling for a new remote during your work time anyway.

0 Kudos
DiaHughes
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax - In the past Virgin have simply sent new controllers to customers who have requested them via this forum.  The telephone answering system makes no allowance for anything other than the major faults, and thus would cause a problem.. Your colleague should read the question before deferring to default answers, and the telephone system should allow for other less obvious faults.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

remotes have always needed to be ordered by a phone call. and when you say my colleague. I dont work for VM!
0 Kudos
DiaHughes
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The end of this headache came when my wife asked at the local Virgin store and a kind assistant nipped out the back and brought her a new one.  So moral of the story ask at the stores, they've usually very helpful.

0 Kudos