Menu
Molster
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replacement HD box

On 5 Nov I reported that my HD box was broken - that alone was a combination of 3 calls that took nearly 1 hour as on two of the calls after 20 minutes of being on hold I was cut off (on a Virgin phone line) Eventually on the 3rd call the matter was resolved & I was told a new box would be with us within 5 working days. Well 3 weeks later on 26 Nov the replacement HD box still hasn't been delivered. Virgin have abdicated all responsibility & said it is with Yodel their delivery company & there is nothing Virgin can do. They have given me the delivery number so that I can track the delivery & passed the problem to me to resolve. Tracking it indicates that it was with Yodel's delivery driver for delivery very on 8 Nov, yet it still hasn't been delivered to me. I rang Yodel & input the tracking number on their automated system & & they say they have no delivery. So I am now stuck with no HD box. Virgin say it with Yodel & Yodel say they have no delivery. Virgin will not send out another HD box as they say it is with Yodel, Yodel say they don't have it. In the meantime I'm left with no HD box & Virgin who my contract is with do not care at all. I pay for an HD box, it is broken, I have asked for a replacement box & Virgin have not provided it. Why? Me, I suspect that someone at Yodel has stolen the box & has some how managed to remove the delivery from their system. Virgin I expected far better customer service than this. I have been a Virgin customer for many many years with a monthly bill in the region of £120/m. Why have you let me down & show no desire to want to resolve this problem. Extremely disappointed with your customer service.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement HD box

Dreaded NODEL; oops! Sorry YODEL strikes again.

Don't know why Virgin keep using them. These delivery (or should I say non-delivery) problems have been going on for years

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Ken3py
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been told v box will no longer work from January so I don't see why they would be sending you out another box. They're going to force migrate people on v box to tivo.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All the official sources we SU's

Ken3py wrote:
I've been told v box will no longer work from January so I don't see why they would be sending you out another box. They're going to force migrate people on v box to tivo.

I can verify that information is wrong. The Scientific Atlanta V+HD box is obselete, & will soon not work with some channels. The rest of the HD legacy boxes have the hardware to continue working as normal for the forseeable future & will continue to be supported. I think they are just trying to talk you into taking a new package.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
admars
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

interesting, I rang Virgin last SUnday as my Samsung V+ HD Box would freeze during teh night, and had to be powered off an don again, would take 30 mins to be operational.

they said a new box would be out Tuesday, didn't arrive, Wednesday it did, delivery man said he came Tuesday and left a card, which he didn't.

however, this Samsung V+ HD box is worse than the old one, and I just get failed recordings, so I guess as boxes get returned as ppl move to tivo, they just get wiped and sent out, and are showing their age now Smiley Sad They clearly aren't tested properly before being sent out as this stopped working properly immediately.

So another phonecall tonight I guess, why send out this old kit, I was hoping for one of the nice new ones? I guess you have to be a new customer who gets a better monthly charge for that?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

admars wrote:

interesting, I rang Virgin last SUnday as my Samsung V+ HD Box would freeze during teh night, and had to be powered off an don again, would take 30 mins to be operational.

they said a new box would be out Tuesday, didn't arrive, Wednesday it did, delivery man said he came Tuesday and left a card, which he didn't.

however, this Samsung V+ HD box is worse than the old one, and I just get failed recordings, so I guess as boxes get returned as ppl move to tivo, they just get wiped and sent out, and are showing their age now Smiley Sad They clearly aren't tested properly before being sent out as this stopped working properly immediately.

So another phonecall tonight I guess, why send out this old kit, I was hoping for one of the nice new ones? I guess you have to be a new customer who gets a better monthly charge for that?

All the V+HD fault replacement boxes are refurbished, and some have reliability problems. You will not get a TiVO unless you change your current package for a new one. You may find the pricing is also better if you change, as no doubt you are currently out of contract & on higher pricing.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

admars
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

as you say, same old story with Virgin (I guess not just them, similar with insurance companies) phone up, say I want to remove TV, end up paying less, will get one of the new boxes. Annoyed have to pay activation fee, well he knocked a bit off the price for me, but still, when I factored in the cost of having to buy a Humax box or something similar to record TV, it's not too bad, just annoying. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Molster,

Thank you for your message, that sounds like quite a bit of unwanted complications. I would like to help and I feel that our Online Chat service would be something that we can offer to make sure that we get the box to you.

Please give them a go and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos