Menu
Finchy
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Repeated sound problems

For about a year now we have been experiencing sound issues which are driving us crazy. Either the sound will suddenly make everyone on tv sound like a dalek or the sound doesn't come on at all when we switch on.

It doesn't matter what channel we are on. Sometimes the sound can come back after switching channels but mostly we have to turn the tv off and back on again. We have rung customer services various times and they say it's possibly weak signal but they never say they can verify this when it is happening. They have told us engineers will be working on our area but this must have happened by now and the problem is even worse.

It happens 3 or 4 times a day. If we are watching a program which we have paused and this happens we have to switch off and we lose the rest of the programme.

We know it's not the tv as we have run it on freeview with an aerial and it's fine.  Why can't we get anyone in customer services to solve this problem? Has anyone else experienced this and found a cure?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated sound problems

Hi Finchy,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting frequent sound distortions on the TiVo® service.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have carried out various checks with the TiVo® box remotely and I have found a detectable signal fault.

This will require an engineer to call round and fix for you so I will get an appointment arrange with you to get this sorted.

All the details are in a private message I'll send to you now.  Look for the icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ianbex
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We have had virgin since 25th Oct.
Since it was installed we too have had sound problems through the day.
0 Kudos
Ianbex
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We had virgin fitted on Tuesday and are having same problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianbex,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with sound.

I've run checks on your equipment and I've picked up and issue with your input signal. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GDyson1
Just joined
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We have had Virgin Media for around 3 months and at least once or twice a day the sound gets distorted for approx. 10 seconds which makes everyone sound like the Martians from the old 'Smash' TV adverts....amusing the first few times but not now in middle of a Film etc.

It seems this is a fairly common issue, Virgin please contact me and get it checked out/resolved, thanks.

0 Kudos
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Did this get fixed we have the same problem using an LG Scarlet. Its fine on terrestial but robotic at times on VM. They have already changed the box.
0 Kudos
Ianbex
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No not had it fixed.
They've been out 3 times .
Last time we were told it was there distribution box on street that was faulty but nothings been done.
I'm starting to think it's a common problem . Don't think we'll be staying with them in September when out contracts up.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ianbex,

Sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with the sound.

Have you had any contact from our engineers since they mentioned it was to do with the cabinet on the street?

Regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ianbex
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

We never heard anything after engineer came out.
Had another out after that because phone line wasn't working and i asked about the repair to the box when booking him but never got a reply .

Thanks
0 Kudos