Menu
ajcorb1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remotes controlling both boxes

I have a TiVo box and a Vhd box in the same room, the remotes seem too be programmed on the same frequency and this is a bit of a problem as the TiVo remote will control the Vhd box when it is off I have now been charged for using games when I haven't even accessed them on the Vhd box any ideas
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remotes controlling both boxes

Hi ajcorb1988

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your TV boxes and remotes!

The different remotes do work with the different set top boxes, so I can see how this would cause an issue if they're both used within close proximity. A short term solution would be to download the TV Anywhere App and use that as an advanced remote for your TiVo box.

Have they always been in close proximity to each other?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajcorb1988
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi craig i have started too do that i spoke to tech and they have said they were sending out a new remote, got a funny feeling that one will do the same but we can only see i have had them installed that way do you think there will be a work around cheers 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey ajcorb1988

If possible, would you be able to give us an in depth description of your set up? Including where they are in the room, how close they are together and how you watch each box, so we've got a better understanding of the overall situation, a simple diagram of sorts would be great.

Also, you mention they've always been this way since installation. Have you always experienced this issue?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos