Menu
judithall
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote control broken

My remote control is broken and I have unsuccessfully tried phoning Virgin and contacting via internet.   How can I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote control broken

judithall wrote:

My remote control is broken and I have unsuccessfully tried phoning Virgin and contacting via internet.   How can I get a replacement?

The two routes to deal with it are via the live chat or a call into 150 then option 2 (faults) then report a TV fault. Did you get stuck in a long phone queue or something like that?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
judithall
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Shelke.  I did try 150 and 'faults' but wanting a remote controller didn't fit in with their list of faults.  They could do a remote check on all  the equipment including Broadband etc but that would entail it not working here  and wouldn't  tell  them that my remote was physically broken (bits dropped off!) - not a battery problem.  I also tried the 'live chat' for some time but it was busy again and again....So unless there is another option I guess I'll have to write to them by Royal Mail.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

judithall wrote:

Thank you Shelke.  I did try 150 and 'faults' but wanting a remote controller didn't fit in with their list of faults.  They could do a remote check on all  the equipment including Broadband etc but that would entail it not working here  and wouldn't  tell  them that my remote was physically broken (bits dropped off!) - not a battery problem.  I also tried the 'live chat' for some time but it was busy again and again....So unless there is another option I guess I'll have to write to them by Royal Mail.

The remote is part of* your TV service, so the TV faults option is the one go with. Just tell them it broke and that they need to send a replacement out. Don't take no for an answer.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
judithall
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I physically went to my local Virgin shop.   They were wonderful -  they didn't have one in stock so they got through to their customer services immediately and I was able to sort it out.   Another time I would just ring the shop.  Wonderful customer services and wonderful to talk to a real person!

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos