Menu
macjackb
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reminders

I've just moved over from Sky. Is it possible to set up a Reminder for a programme you want to watch later?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reminders

Yep. By setting a recording.

The TiVO can record from all of its tuners, so to ensure it has a tuner available that it can switch to the programme you have set the reminder for it records the programme.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi macjackb,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no Reminder feature as we had with our older boxes. With the number of tuners the TiVo® has, the reminder feature was deemed unnecessary.

nodrogd has put it perfectly. The best way to set a 'reminder' on the TiVo® is by using recordings.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep. By setting a recording.

The TiVO can record from all of its tuners, so to ensure it has a tuner available that it can switch to the programme you have set the reminder for it records the programme.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi macjackb,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no Reminder feature as we had with our older boxes. With the number of tuners the TiVo® has, the reminder feature was deemed unnecessary.

nodrogd has put it perfectly. The best way to set a 'reminder' on the TiVo® is by using recordings.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if I'm being dim, but why on earth would anyone want to be reminded that something is being recorded? Surely you would want to be reminded to watch something you're NOT recording...

I've never understood the Record and Remind feature and have never used it.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

eddieryan wrote:

Sorry if I'm being dim, but why on earth would anyone want to be reminded that something is being recorded? Surely you would want to be reminded to watch something you're NOT recording...

I've never understood the Record and Remind feature and have never used it.

Because people kept moaning that there was no reminder feature (despite it just being a left over from the days when Sky boxes couldn't record), so VM added it.

I would say why would you want to set a reminder for something but not also set it to record, then it doesn't matter if you're not in front of the TV when the programme starts as it will still be recorded for you to watch when you want, not when it happens to be on. I guess the only use of reminders is if there's something you really want to watch live (sporting event etc.) but other than that just setting recordings seems far more sensible.