Menu
ANDYC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Registering devices on Sky Movies App/ TV anywhere - so frustrating!!

I know how to register a device for TV anywhere, no issues and I recently deregistred a laptop and registered an ipad so I now have two ipads working fine for TV.

The recently registered ipad cant access Sky Movies though as I get the error message that device limit is reached.

I can see some forum notes about the platforms being different and sky automatically registering new devices  and presumably dumping old ones, but this clearly isn't working for me.  Is the laptop deregistered somehow still registered on Sky and not the new ipad.

Bloomin frustrating, any help gratefully received.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering devices on Sky Movies App/ TV anywhere - so frustrating!!

The TV Anywhere app & the Sky Sports/Movies app are totally seperate. TVA is operated by Virgin, the other by Sky, & the registration systems are totally seperate. I dont have a TiVO, so cannot register my iPad to use TVA, but I can use the Sky Sports app without any issues.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ANDYC, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any inconvenience you've faced whilst trying to watch Sky Movies on your iPad. 

To access the devices you have registered for use with Sky go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

This will enable you to remove the laptop to free up a space for the second iPad Smiley Happy 

Going forward, when making changes, you need to make the change to both platforms.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ANDYC
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now thanks Kath, cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ANDYC, 

Thanks so much for coming back to us and letting us know things are resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to take a look at things for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos