Menu
markib
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Registering Devices

Had a problem (like everyone else) with v tv anywhere which I had to rectify by re-registering my device. However, a few days later I had to re-install windows 10. Which means I am now unable to re-register my pc as all this months changes have been used. Is there any way around this, other wise I will have to wait another 3 weeks before I can re-register my device?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registering Devices

Hi there markib,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had some issues with our TV Anywhere service. Smiley Sad

I've managed to locate your account and ensured that you have a device change added back on for you, so feel free to utilise this when suitable.

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there markib,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had some issues with our TV Anywhere service. Smiley Sad

I've managed to locate your account and ensured that you have a device change added back on for you, so feel free to utilise this when suitable.

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

markib
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same problem has happened again. Does this mean every time i do a clean install from my os back up i need to reregister the device.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi markib, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with the TV Anywhere website not recognising your device.

Whenever you update your browser or OS then the device would need to be re-registered. I have gone in to your account today and added a device change for you.

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the PC registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site again and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence 

Has this resolved things or do you still get that error? 

Come back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos