Menu
johnpat555
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Registered Devices

I have two devices registered for Virgin TV anytime - a tablet and a PC. I normally access TV from the PC via a Windows Explorer browser and have never had a problem. However, I’ve recently tried to access (using the same registered PC) via an up to date Firefox browser and I’m being told – ‘Sorry this is not one of your registered devices……’ Is this normal? The same registered device - only using a different browser?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registered Devices

Probably using cookies to identify the device, which would make sense.

These aren't transferable between browsers.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Probably using cookies to identify the device, which would make sense.

These aren't transferable between browsers.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnpat555, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. it's really great having you on board with us here in the Community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to use TV Anywhere on the Firefox browser. To resolve this just re-register the device via Firefox. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos