Menu
LostSoul1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Regional programming. Who controls it?

Every so often(like this morning), when watching BBC1 in the morning, the local news segment is news from Kent, not London.
Living in Thurrock, news and travel from London is obviously more relevant than that from across the water.

Who controls which areas receive which regional news and travel, and if it's down to VM, why do I end up receiving the wrong programming every so often?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Regional programming. Who controls it?

If this is a one-off situation, then its usually a network switching fault at the BBC output suite. This sends a different region to the satellite, hence you see the wrong region on Sky/Freesat & Virgin.

If you want to make sure of getting the London news during breakfast programmes, you can always use the BBC News channel (601). BBC News & London News originate from the same studio complex, & as there is no regional switching on the BBC news channel you will always get London News in the opt-out slots. You can even watch in HD if you want on 604. Something viewers on BBC1 cannot do.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
tac2983
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I came here with the same question, switched on the TV this morning to watch the news and there was a stranger in my living room talking crap about Brighton! I live in basildon, hence I don't give a monkeys about some 3 pier south coast southend wannabe!
0 Kudos
scurtis
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same thing here - I usually get BBC London, but I seem to have BBC South East this morning. Not really relevant for north London.

Sue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If this is a one-off situation, then its usually a network switching fault at the BBC output suite. This sends a different region to the satellite, hence you see the wrong region on Sky/Freesat & Virgin.

If you want to make sure of getting the London news during breakfast programmes, you can always use the BBC News channel (601). BBC News & London News originate from the same studio complex, & as there is no regional switching on the BBC news channel you will always get London News in the opt-out slots. You can even watch in HD if you want on 604. Something viewers on BBC1 cannot do.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
scurtis
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that nodrogd - will try out the news channel if it persists.

Sue.

0 Kudos