Menu
nadia11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regarding canceling my 18 months contract (TV/phone/broadband) after 8 months

I've signed a 18 months contract for TV, phone and broadband.

I need to cancel as I am emigrating to another country.

- How much would it be for me to cancel after 8 months?

- how long before leaving the country I must request canceling?

- regarding the equipment, can it be booked and be picked up from a neighbour?

Thank you,

nadia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regarding canceling my 18 months contract (TV/phone/broadband) after 8 months

You can work out what the disconnection fees will be from the following table:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-dis...

Virgin will normally send pre-paid packing materials for you to send their equipment back. If the equipment is obsolete they will tell you to dispose of it via a recycling facility.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regarding canceling my 18 months contract (TV/phone/broadband) after 8 months

Hi nadia11,

Thank you for posting on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are leaving us, however, we wish you all the best on your journey!

Nodrogd provided great advice on where you can go to work this out for yourself.

If you would like to speak to us about this, our Retentions department can go through this with you, with access to your contract specifics. Just give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline/mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), taking option 4 and then option 4 again.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

geoff1962
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
If you have just had your letter regarding the latest price increase you can cancel without paying any early disconnection fees . Don't tell them you are emigrating just say its because of the price rise